IPAC Issues 30-Day Ultimatum to BYSIEC to Conduct LG Elections
The InterParty Advisory Council, IPAC Bayelsa state chapter has given the Bayelsa State Independent Electoral Committee, BYSIEC an ultimatum of 30 days to conduct the Bayelsa State local government council elections.
A statement issued by the Chairman of IPAC, Hon Brisibe Kpodoh after an emergency meeting noted that the conduct of the said elections are not always held until the state government is pressured to do the right thing.
Hon Kpodoh pointed out that it has become a recurrent issue being perpetrated by the government to deny the people from fair representation and lawful means to administer the local councils.
The statement adds that it is unlawful for non elected persons, local government employees or appointees to occupy the council positions and administer appropriate local government funds.
IPAC resolved that BYSIEC is given 14days to tell the council and Bayelsans when they are going to conduct the elections warning that failure to do so would make IPAC seek legal interpretation and redress.
- || Our Daily Bread Devotional 8 September 2022 ODB Today ||
- || Turning Point Devotional for Today 8 September 2022 ||
- Streams of Joy Live Service 8 September 2022 For Midweek 5 Thursday of Crossing the Lines
- US Unveils Barack and Michelle Obama’s Official Portraits in White House
- Brooklyn Tabernacle Daily Devotions 8 September 2022 With Pastor Jim Cymbala
————— | HOME | ————-
| Arts & Short Stories | BBNaija 2022 | Business News | Education News | Entertainment News | Featured | Gospel News Today | Health and Fitness | Interviews | Latest News | Movie Review | Niger Delta Today | Online Comedy Skits | Politics Today | Trends & Lifestyle | TV Reality Shows | Sports News | World News |