5 Reasons to Get HPV Vaccine for Your Daughter Today
The Human Papilloma Virus, HPV vaccine prevents women from contracting cervical cancer, in this report our Associate Editor, Ebizimo Onegiofori gives 5 reasons why your daughter should get the vaccine today.
According to the Nigerian Primary Health Care Development Agency, NPHCDA, in Nigeria, 14,943 cervical cancer cases are reported every year with over 7,968 deaths. More women in Nigeria are at risk of developing cervical cancer.
5 Reasons why you should get the HPV Vaccine
1. NO SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS
A person with HPV may not show signs or symptoms.
2. ACTIVE SEXUAL ADULTS ARE AT RISK
4 out of 5 sexually active adults will contract HPV in their lifetime.
3. LEADS TO OTHER TYPES OF CANCERS
HPV infection can cause genital warts and six types of cancers
4. VACCINE IS SAFE
HPV Vaccination is safe and effective. It is recommended for girls aged 9-14 years.
5. VACCINATION IS FREE
HPV Vaccination is free. You can get vaccinated at any health facility near you.
Research says cervical cancer is the second most frequent cancer among women in Nigeria as well as the most frequent cancer among women between 15 and 44 years of age.
Protect yourself and your loved ones, let us allow our female children 9-14 to take the vaccine.
- ENWAF Joins Other Stakeholders for Flag Off HPV Vaccine in Bayelsa
- Diri Celebrates Former President Jonathan At 66
- Bimbo Ademoye Pairs Blossom Chukwujekwu in New Nollywood Movie High Waters
- Joel Osteen Message Today 21 November 2023 | READ & WATCH NOW
- Joyce Meyer Today Devotional Tuesday 21 November 2023 Titled